Corporate Awards and RecognitionSynergy Enterprises, Inc. (SEI) and our President/CEO have received the following awards and recognitions:
- SEI won two 2014 AVA Digital Gold Awards for the development of educational videos for the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, and one Honorable Mention for the development of a medical video for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute on Drug Abuse. View the award-winning videos: Condition of Education Statistics Animated School Crime and Safety Video, Highlights of U.S. Program for International Student Assessment 2012 Results Video, and National Institute on Drug Abuse Brain Reward 2013 Video.
- SEI won six 2013 Blue Pencil and Gold Screen awards from the National Association of Government Communicators.
- SEI won a 2012 Telly Award for five videos produced in collaboration with BlueSky Films and Abt Associates for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's 8th Annual Prevention Day.
- President Barack Obama invited SEI President/CEO to a meeting at the Oval Office on June 11, 2010, followed by a press conference at the Rose Garden to laud SEI as a successful "information technology small business."
- Prachee J. Devadas, SEI President and CEO, was one of 15 business owners invited to the White House on September 27, 2010, to be with President Obama, Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner, Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, and members of Congress when the President signed the Small Business Jobs Act, designed to help small businesses hire new workers.
- SEI was nominated and named a top-five finalist for the 2010 GovCon Contractor of the Year Award.
- SEI president was nominated and named a top-five finalist for the 2010 GovCon Executive of the Year Award.
- SEI president was honored as the 2009 Washington Metropolitan Area District Small Business Person of the Year by the Small Business Administration.
- SEI president was awarded the 2009 Proclamation from Montgomery County Council.
- SEI ranked 14 on Washington Technology's 2008 list of Top 25 Nationwide 8(a) Firms.
- SEI president received Outstanding Contribution Award by the National Association of Professional Asian American Women in 1994, 1996, 1997, 2000, and 2002.
SEI's senior staff and subject matter experts have also received various industry awards and recognitions. Find a listing below.
- Maggie Bray—National Institutes of Health, Plain Language/Clear Communication Award, 2011
- Rhonda L. Crenshaw—American Society for Training and Development President's Award Winner for Professional Excellence, 2009
- Carla McClure—Golden Quill Awards for national publications, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008; EdPress, Distinguished Publication, senior writer, 2002; West Virginia Commission on the Arts, Fellowship Award in Literature, 1994
- Verna Robinson—Society of Government Meeting Professionals, Planner of the Month, 2006
- Patrick Zickler—National Institutes of Health, Plain Language Award, 2010 and Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals, Gold Hermes Creative Award, 2008