Making Meetings Rewarding For Participants and Uncomplicated For You
Our certified and seasoned managers, planners, and coordinators offer a range of support for conferences and meetings of all types, sizes, and durations, convened at single or multiple locations locally, nationally, and globally. We have special expertise in planning and managing events that focus on educational and scientific research. Our broad and deep subject matter expertise allows us to offer more than just logistics support: we collaborate with clients to produce a full range of materials, including program content, concise and cogent abstracts, quick-turnaround working notes for breakout sessions, and congressionally mandated reports and summaries. We provide the following conference and meeting services:
- Secure Online Registration and Reporting. At SEI, we design and maintain registration Web sites and databases and conduct data standardization and harmonization to integrate client-hosted registration sites into SEI databases for ease of output.
- International Travel Support. SEI's meeting planners are familiar with the requirements of International meeting planning. We make sure to consider items including local laws, customs, and cultures, travel time from other countries, Visas, Customs, and other point of entry issues, diplomatic issues, and meeting timing.
- Translation Services. The diversity of our staff members, who represent more than 27 countries and speak 25 languages, gives SEI a direct understanding of the importance of access to information. We support countless projects for Federal agencies that require translation services. Staff have worked in collaboration with clients to develop and design manuals, reports, brochures, and Web sites in multiple languages, including Spanish, Arabic, French, and Farsi.
- Special Needs Accommodation. SEI registration materials include a section for indicating special needs of participants so that advance notice and planning is possible, and our online and electronic registration materials are compliant with section 508 (29.U.S.C. '794d) of the Rehabilitation Act accessibility rule. SEI complies with the requirements of the ADA and the ADA Accessibility Guidelines; our meeting planners recommend only compliant meeting facilities to ensure that persons with disabilities have equal access and full participation. Additionally, we contract with licensed sign language interpreters for meetings that are open to the public, and/or if a registered participant is hearing impaired.
- Event Planning, Hosting, and Evaluation. At SEI, we conduct venue availability research and contract negotiations, manage travel and honoraria for conference and meeting attendees, assist in agenda and program development, and manage the evaluation of event effectiveness and outcomes.
- Materials Development. SEI produces high-quality and eye-catching meeting materials, ranging from program books, signage, PowerPoint presentation templates, and name badges to formal proceedings and policy recommendation reports.
- Onsite Support Services. SEI staff members provide services that include processing on-site registration; greeting speakers and VIP participants; monitoring meeting rooms; taking notes, recording the proceedings, or arranging to transcribe discussions; troubleshooting audiovisual or electronic problems; serving as liaisons with hotel staff and meeting participants; coordinating with the site business center to produce materials needed for event staff, speakers, and participants; and providing information about reimbursement or travel logistics to supported participants.