Management Consulting and Support
Developing a sound public health program requires coordination of complex interrelated steps. SEI understands each one of them. From needs assessment and gap analysis to standard procedures design and training, our technical assistance staff is equipped with the knowledge to help you deliver information that matters. Focusing on outcomes, we perform frequent evaluations to ensure our services continually improve and evolve over the course of the program.
- Mission focus: SEI analyzes and evaluates the National Institute on Drug Abuse's AIDS Research Program research portfolio to ensure that it stays focused on the changing characteristics of disease exposure, transmission, treatment, and prevention while meeting requirements stipulated by the Public Health Service Act.
- Workforce development: We help the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) recruit, train, and support interns and fellows in programs that expand and strengthen the substance abuse prevention workforce.
- Campaign promotion: We worked with key African American leaders and organizations to promote the U.S. Department of Transportation's national campaign to encourage seat belt use in African American communities.
- Facilitation: Our Director of Special Projects was selected by SAMHSA to facilitate policy academies for service members, veterans, and their families to help strengthen statewide behavioral health care systems and services through ongoing collaboration at the Federal, state, and local levels.
- Event management/focus groups: Our scientific writers, editors and note-takers attend high-profile meetings of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism and National Institute of Mental Health to produce accurate, focused summaries and position papers that help executive committees and project directors shape their strategies and programs.